Tuesday, December 14, 2010

BANG

So... guess who booked Marc Jacobs?


I cannot tell you how pleased this makes me. Caro has done so well on the runways since starting, but her lack of frequent printwork has definitely had me wondering if runway is all she really has going for her in the business. But getting the Marc Jacobs S/S 2011 campaign? That is huge. Major. Fantastic. Bombastic.

I know she booked Balenciaga F/W 2010, and that was a major gold star for her as well, but it was a group feature, which unfortunately forced her to share the spotlight in each of her shots. Contrast that to this Marc Jacobs campaign, where she features more prominently, and the effect is completely different. Not only is this a coup for her snagging such an enormous brand, it will also be extremely good exposure for her as a model. Combine that with her 3rd place ranking on FashionTV's First Face countdown for the past fashion weeks, and The Brasch is well on her way to a very prolific next few months.


Another thing I want to mention is that we have a more concrete notch on the Freja pattern here: Marc Jacobs has been a big fan of Freja for the duration of her career, and now we see Miss Caroline appearing in a campaign for him. Oh, did I mention Freja was also featured in Balenciaga? Yeah... feel free to condemn me a conspiracy feeder. But I'm a blogger. Conspiracy and reading into insignificant things? It's a forte.

Photos courtesy of fashiongonerogue.com and tFS user Carla-A

No comments:

Post a Comment