Monday, February 7, 2011

Enjoy the Silence

So it would seem I was overly hasty in my excitement for Copenhagen Fashion Week, at least in terms of my hopes of seeing The Brasch in the Danish capital. It seems she has taken a short break before heading into the madness of New York Fashion Week which starts on Wednesday. I can't say that I begrudge her that... she's had a busy last couple of weeks!

Speaking of New York, we have her showcard from Elite Model Management, which features one of the shots from her recent Valentino campaign. Nothing really special about the design, it's very simple, but it'll do the job I suppose. I regret that Caroline hasn't had more editorials since last fashion season, which would have allowed for a wider selection of photos for her showcard. But I suppose that's just life, isn't it?


But before I depress you all with a lack of news, SPEAKING of editorials...

Caroline has a cover for Vogue Nippon's March 2011 beauty supplement, including an editorial, shot by Jem Mitchell. I'm not sure as to how many shots this will include, but for the moment, we have the cover and two pages. I am pleased that we are getting some presence in at least one March issue of a Vogue magazine, even if it isn't one of the major Western publications from France, Italy, or America. The Asian market is very respectable in its own right, and it is a rapidly growing one as the economies in countries like China and Japan skyrocket. And it seems they have a taste for Danish models, so this will not likely be the last time we see Caroline in the Far East. In fact, I'd wager that her popularity in that region will be quite high before long.


The Brasch will also be featured in an editorial titled "Lipgloss & Cigarettes" in the S/S 2011 issue of LOVE magazine. Shot by Alastair McLellan and styled by Katie Grand, the set also features Barbara Palvin and Duran Duran members Nick Rhodes and John Taylor. Again, we still only have two preview pages, which were oh so thankfully posted by Elite, but the fact that we have a confirmed appearance in a magazine is a comfort to any (like myself) who were wondering where the expected editorials were. I won't analyze any of these pictures until I have the full editorial, so for now, you'll have to do without my comments aside from my exclamations of relief. But hey, if you all have anything to say about them yourselves prior to the release of the full set, please feel free to use the comment section below; I always love hearing from readers, and really enjoy the insight that your opinions offer!


Copenhagen has come and gone, as has Barcelona and Berlin. So book your plane tickets kiddies, we're about to embark on a whirlwind tour of the major fashion cities. Round and round and round it goes; where it stops? Nobody knows.

Photos courtesy of models.com and tFS users mousyy and Zhanna

No comments:

Post a Comment