Thursday, January 20, 2011

La Bête Noir

I'm running out of ways to use "black" in post titles, so I guess that signals a trend: Caroline has been popping up with a lot of brands heavily associated with the colour. Add to the list her campaign with Denmark's Noir. For the F/W 2010 season, she featured for Noir's subsidiary, Bllack Noir. I've got two HQs here courtesy of that darling *Bianca* at tFS; hopefully more will be on the way!


I have to say, I'm a fan of Noir (and Bllack Noir), and I'm a fan of these pictures. The brand is known for an edgy, rocker femininity, and while these shots definitely carry that feel, there's also a sort of ethereal quality added by the powdered figure and clothing, and the way it hangs suspended in the air as well. There is a simply beauty, but there is also an underlying complex artistry that has me thinking of Vogue Italia right now. There's also elements of French aristocracy here, with hair styled a la Marie Antoinette (though, perhaps a bit more functionally so).

I am pleased that Caroline is continuing her partnership with the brand. It's great getting international campaigns like Marc Jacobs and Valentino, but there's a certain satisfaction that comes with success back home as well. Plus, Denmark and Sweden are fast becoming popular fashion destinations, not just for brands like Acne and Malene Birger, but also just because of the way the Scandinavians put outfits together (note the popularity of copenhagenstreetstyle.dk and stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se... RESPECT!). It would be wise to maintain and develop bonds with northern brands.

But speaking of internationalism...

I've not seen the Brasch in Berlin just yet. I've been peering at each look, hoping to spot her, but she remains elusive... I imagine that she will be showing up at Bllack Noir (which is the last show in Berlin) but for the moment, I'm a bit uncertain. I've heard rumours about Freja at Hugo, so I wonder if she'll pop up there with her fellow Dane and Miss Karolina? More on that as it comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment