Friday, January 14, 2011

She's A One Horse Open Sleigh...

... and you can bet she's dashing. All the freaking way. Okay, taking care of business; Caroline showed for Giambattista Valli's Pre-Fall 2011 collection along with fellow catwalkers Stella Maxwell and Jenny Sinkaberg on Tuesday. She had a total of eight looks in the 56-look show; praise the LORD, she needed a break at the rate she's been dominating the pre-fall season.




I'm pretty well wiped at this point, and I've quite run out of words for the moment. Something I really liked about Valli's collection was the use of the colour red. He placed it ever so perfectly, running it through the looks here and there, accentuating a set of looks that would else have been not but black and white. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy neutrals as much as the next Scandinavian, but it never hurts to throw in a sudden splash of colour to really get the blood running to the head.

My only peeve about what's been done here is that it looks much more 'holiday' than 'pre-fall' to me. I don't think I'd necessarily be of the same opinion if I saw someone trekking down Madison Avenue in one of these looks, but as a set, the collection screams Christmas. But whatever, as you were.

Photos courtesy of style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment