Monday, January 10, 2011

Fan Philo

Phoebe Philo is an excellent designer, as I'm sure I have no need to remind you. I'm a big fan of her work at Chloe, and now at Celine, and my only real disappointment when it comes to her is why she STILL doesn't have her own label. I mean really, there are many designers who are significantly less talented than she, and yet have their own design companies. I'm not trying to play down the honour that it most certainly is to design for such historic houses, but it seems to me that having one's own label opens up the field, and allows you to express your own personal creativity as opposed to your interpretation of another's style. I feel like Philo has definitely proven herself worthy of that. Certainly, if Stella McCartney was, Phoebe is absolutely deserving. Comments?

Phoebe Philo has a fan in me (and, I would also estimate, approximately 90% of the fashion world). But guess who Philo is a fan of?




Caroline has walked every Celine show possible since the beginning of her runway career about a year ago. Many have commented on how she is, to be quite frank, the perfect Celine girl. I'm rather surprised that she's yet to book a campaign for the brand yet; I certainly would have expected her to get Celine before Marc Jacobs, at any rate. It's a curious happenstance, but I suppose it would not do for fashion to be entirely predictable, would it? No doubt, the Brasch will get a campaign with Celine someday (she really is too perfect for the brand not to capitalize), it is simply a matter of time. Until then, we will have to content ourselves with seeing her work their runway four times a year :).

Photos courtesy of style.com

1 comment:

  1. I love that you call her "The Brasch"... it sounds so tough, like when people call Jessica just "Stam" hehe

    ReplyDelete