Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saab Story

Sob away my friends. With tears of joy, of course. The Brasch is taking Paris by storm, walking for both Elie Saab and Valentino on Wednesday, having two looks in each show. I apologize for the delay in posting these... My Internet connection has been finicky the last few days! But I'm back now, so let's start with Elie Saab:



Great to see Caroline repeating at Saab. I wasn't sure she would, but I was happy to see they booked her again this season. The elegance of the label is always a treat to see. No doubt Hollywood had their eyes on this show in particular, especially with the Oscars coming up. As for Caroline's looks, can anyone else see Maggie Gyllenhaal arriving in number 1? Doubtless, she wouldn't look as stunning as The Brasch, but there are few that would. Gorgeous work from Elie Saab, as always.

Valentino was something we expected, but it takes nothing away from its materialization. I was hoping for an opening or closing look, but the honour was bestowed instead upon Caroline's campaign buddies, Freja and Julia.


All in all, it was a very successful Couture season for Caroline, walking in four shows with a total of seven looks! Very impressive indeed. There's also been scans released recently of Caroline on the cover of Vogue Nippon's Beauty supplement. I'll be covering this in my next post, but until I get around to it, please enjoy!  

Photos courtesy of vogue.fr and vogue.it

No comments:

Post a Comment