Monday, January 10, 2011

Poser...

I bet you're thinking that was meant to be interpreted as mean. Well it wasn't. I was visiting some various sites, picking up on news (as is the wont of we bloggers) when I found the Brasch basking in all her glory for not one, not two, but THREE Pre-Fall collections. This post in particular will cover her excellent performance at Nina Ricci earlier today, where she was the sole model used to present the collection:








If I was pleased to see Caroline was at Valentino, Celine, AND Nina Ricci in one day, I was floored by her posing (specifically at Nina Ricci). She exhibits such a wide range within her nineteen looks... Excuse me for being a little lost for words, I only just found the photos now, and have yet to recover. In all seriousness, what did she do over Christmas? The versatility her is something I have not seen from her at all yet, and I feel strongly that a number of these shots are editorial worthy. Hell, I'd venture to state that her posing here puts to shame all her editorial work thus far. (True, she has had precious few editorials in her still infantile career, but you get my point, I'm sure). 

What's more, I think she does an excellent job selling the clothes. And that is something that we often forget about, I  feel. It takes a skilled model to be able to make both themselves AND the clothes look good. Often, it seems, people mistake good posing or good-looking clothes for an excellent photograph, and fail to take into consideration the cohesion between both facets. Here, Caroline has managed to show off Ricci's designs in such a way that she appeals to a number of different aesthetics, which is truly commendable. I'm sure the label is well chuffed with their casting decision...

In all honesty, look at her face in some of these. She plays the shy, modest girl, who is intelligent, but sometimes too shy to speak up; the snobbish girl, who looks down her nose at those carrying last season's Chloe clutch; the tomboy, who has been forced into her Sunday best by her mother; she's intimate, she's mysterious, she's confused, she's cross, curious, frustrated, romantic, she's a fucking BOSS. 

You will have to tell me if you disagree with me or not, but at this point, I am completely unwilling to be swayed. I have had my doubts, but this completely banishes any reserves I may have had regarding her future success in print work. Someone call up the Vogues and get this girl a cover already. Please.

Photos courtesy of style.com

3 comments:

  1. Yay Caroline! You're right, she really is great here! I hope she gets some more campaigns for the spring, she really deserves it after the runway season she had.

    Also, I noticed on your profile that you are a team member at the Not So Swedish blog... Does that mean that you'll be posting there too? And do you know if Gill Ford will be coming back at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Caro looks great here. But it is only one collection of shots, she needs to bring this to her editorials as well. It would be great if people would book her for some... What's up with that? She had a killer season, and she gets next to no editorial work out of it? Seems kind of strange to me...

    ^I'm also curious about the Not So Swedish connection? There's been rumors that the original blogger knows various top models (Catherine McNeil and a number of Scandinavian models, Caroline included). Nothing has been proven, but it still seems a little odd to me that people would make up rumors about a random blogger, so maybe there's some truth to them? Either way, I wish Gill Ford would start posting again. I really liked her blog. When I saw that your name popped up as a team member all of a sudden I had renewed hope that things would be up and running again over there soon. Could you tell us if that's the case?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments!

    @ Lotta: I completely see where you are coming from, and I don`t disagree. I`m simply delighted that she appears to be coming into her own in the posing arena. And yes, I also find it rather odd that she`s not had much editorial work. But I suppose we need to think of it in terms of timing. Many editorials are shot weeks and months before they see the light of a magazine page in shops. Caroline was popular in her first season, but much of her notoriety arose from her stellar show list in the shows the past fall. Since then, I believe she`s been taking a well deserved vacation, as well as working on campaigns, and now taking the Pre-Fall 2011 presentations in New York by storm. I wonder if the reason we haven`t seen editorials in the wake of her recent success cannot simply be put down to a lack of time?

    In regards to the Not So Swedish blog inquiries, I am not presently at liberty to share what is going on. Gill Ford and I are both quite busy, and we have only had preliminary discussions about a potential future project that would involve a collaboration between the two of us and perhaps others. Much more I cannot say at this time. She might be able to give you more information.

    As for the rumours surrounding her personal life, I cannot say that I know anything other than what I have learned through her own blog posts and what she has shared in our own conversations, which has indicated that they are all complete fabrications.

    ReplyDelete